The amount of rugby related apps in the Apple and Android app stores has risen dramatically in recent years; this is great news for rugby fans, the only downside being trying to figure out which ones are actually worth downloading. To help you out, us kind folk at Crowdsight HQ have done a bit of research and picked what we believe are ten of the best, whether you’re looking for tournament apps, fan engagement apps, general rugby apps, team apps or gaming apps, we’ve included some of the best below:
With the 8th instalment of the Rugby World Cup starting this weekend and excitement at a fever pitch this is an essential download before all the action kicks off. Ensure you don’t miss a thing if your busy schedule gets in the way of you keeping up to date with all things RWC. Features:
- Listen to live audio for all RWC matches
- Live match centre for all games
- Play the dream team and predictor games
- Personalise the app with your favourite #RWC2015 team to follow their progress
- Add the RWC match schedule to your calendar
- Test your knowledge in the RWC trivia quiz and weekly video quiz
- Watch some great moments from the RWC archive
- Check out which matches still have tickets available
- Real time live scores for all tier one pro rugby matches worldwide and post-match video highlights and stats.
- Player and club profiles including social media information
- Social media integration, live chat with other fans and personalisation
- Pre match centre includes breaking news, ticket availability and stadium maps.
This offering from the 3 time European cup winning Irish province is very useful for keeping up with all Leinster related information and is one of the best team apps out there, Features include:
- PRO12 and European champions cup breaking news
- Squad profile, fixtures, results and videos
- Domestic club news
- Seat Upgrade feature for home games
Rugby Nations ’15 App. Price - €4.99, Available on iOS and Android.
If you’re into your rugby, a fan of gaming apps and willing to spend a fiver for some realistic rugby gameplay with 3D visuals well this is the app for you.
- Take your rookie player through the ranks. Play your way up from lower tier clubs through to international rugby, improving your stats and skills along the way.
- Top tournaments and international test series including 50 worldwide teams, all with social integration.
- Join in the global live game. Play all major tournaments live on your device with the power to change the game.
The official IRFU app keeps you up to date on all the latest Irish rugby information. Follow Joe Schmidt's team in their quest to become world champions for the first time. Features:
- Live score updates
- Latest International, provincial and club news
- Ireland fixtures, results, player profiles and match reports
The PRO12 season is under way and despite the large exodus of players partaking in the world cup the quality of games is still excellent with a number of talented emerging players getting their opportunity to shine. Features:
- Live match tracking
- Fixtures, results and team lineups
- Latest news, videos and photos.
The rugby world cup champions app brings you closer to the mighty All Blacks with many slick features including:
- Fixtures and scores for worldwide competitions and internationals.
- Team lineups, player info/stats, news and videos
- A great live match experience with key info, live commentary, lineups and stats.
Make sure to have this @ powered app downloaded in time for the next instalment of this thrilling annual rugby championship. Ideal for second screeners this free app has a number of great features covering the whole experience both on and off the field including:
- News, stats and up-to-the-minute scores
- Pre-match build up with all the latest news, line ups and previews
- Live match experience with play by play commentary
- Post match analysis including video highlights, reports, in-play analytics and match play data.
For those of you who feel you missed your calling as a rugby manager this is the app for you.
Create your own rugby club, train your players, prepare the best strategy and win the championship. Play against your friends or other players in different competitions and show off your management skills. Features include:
- Advanced individual training of your players
- Recruiting new players in a live bidding system
- Individual strategic instructions for optimal performance of your players
- An innovating tool for creating realistic team strategies
- Real-time matches
This addictive free rugby gaming app with 3D graphics is ideal for those of you who dream of kicking that winning conversion but prefer the less pressurised environment of your couch! Features:
- Intuitive Kicking: Control the angle and curve of your kick with the flick of your finger.
- Realistic Rugby Pitch: 360 degree wind with shifting severity.
- Sudden Death: The classic test of skill. No time limit, just keep making kicks.
- Time Attack: Quick Fire Kicking. Make as many kicks as possible within a time limit.
- Practice Mode: Perfect your technique and learn how to become a kicking master.
- Game leaderboards and Achievements.